|Job Summary/Basic Function
1. Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the department and advise and collaborate with the Associate Vice President in key decision-making regarding budget, strategy, policy, procedure, and compliance.
2. Assist with annual audit(s), program review(s), FISAP, and other compliance matters.
3. Advise in-person, by phone, email, and text students and families on all aspects of the financial aid process.
a. Present information to individuals, small, or large groups
4. Help students and families understand the cost of college and develop a plan to pay for costs not covered by financial aid.
5. Administer and award various institutional, state, and/or federal aid programs/processes.
6. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of institutional, state, and federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
7. Determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs through evaluation of application and other documentation materials.
8. Exercise professional judgement when reviewing appeals and special circumstances with guidance from or in collaboration with Assistant/Associate Director or Associate Vice President.
9. Maintain highest ethics and integrity with regard to data confidentiality and privacy.
10. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of diverse cultures or backgrounds.
11. Collect and prepare data for statistical reports and surveys.
12. Exercise great attention to detail in all aspects of aid program administration.
13. Collaborate with colleagues from across all units of the institution including, but not limited to: Registrar, Business, Admission, Marketing & Communication, Academic Affairs, Residence Life, Dining Services, Student Success, Advancement, Human Resources, and Global Education
14. Assist with the smooth operation and overall success of the Financial Aid Office by providing input regarding office policy and procedure, being a team player, and performing other duties as assigned.