Director of Financial Aid
Southwest MN State University --- Marshall, MN
The Director serves as the Destination Point Administrator and is ultimately responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, controlling, developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive student financial assistance program and delivery system that is highly automated and is responsive to student, institutional, governmental, and private funding source needs and requirements. The student aid programs must be administered in compliance with applicable federal and state statutes and regulations as well as meet the needs of the clientele served.
- Accredited Master’s Degree plus 5 years of progressive professional experience in Financial Aid administration including significant experience in a financial aid office or Bachelor Degree plus 6 years of progressive professional experience in Financial Aid administration including significant experience in a financial aid office.
- Demonstrated commitment or proven strategies for fostering a diverse and inclusive environment; demonstrated ability or proven strategies to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working within database systems and interpreting Federal and State laws as they relate to student financial aid.
- Experience working within a team environment where communication between staff is valued.
· 5-8 years of progressive professional experience in Financial Aid Administration in a supervisory role.
· Working knowledge of MN State Financial Aid programs and MinnState Integrated Student Records system (ISRS).
· Experience implementing database systems used for tracking and coordinating student financial aid.
Southwest Minnesota State University is one of seven universities in the Minnesota State system. SMSU gives highest priority to excellence in teaching and preparing students to be lifelong learners through quality undergraduate and graduate teaching/advising and close student/faculty relationships. Its mission, dating back to 1967, provides access to university-level programs in liberal arts & professional studies. The University has a special commitment to the educational needs of the people in its service region reflected through its curricula, cultural programs, diversity of staff and students, cooperative relationships with the public and private sectors, and regional institutions.
The complete job description listing responsibilities and qualifications for this position along with information regarding the online application process can be viewed at: https://smsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1593
Connie Smisek, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin June 17, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.