Macalester College seeks to hire an External Program Officer to support in its Financial Aid office. This position provides day-to-day management of non-institutional financial aid programs including Direct Loans, Federal Student Aid, Minnesota State Grants, other educational loans, and outside scholarships. This position serves a member of the Financial Aid Office counseling team, specializing in loan counseling, but also delivering answers and advice about the financial aid program in general. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Provides overall responsibility for the Federal Student Aid Program administration. Includes Federal Pell Grant origination and disbursement; Federal loan origination, disbursement, and booking; resolution of information discrepancies, and troubleshoots problems to ensure timely delivery of funds to students. Monitors loan requirements, MPN, Entrance Counseling, and grade level. Communicates with students to resolve issues and provides information and organizes exit counseling.
- Coordinates reporting and other administration of private/governmental loan and scholarship programs (private loans, VA Benefits, outside scholarships, et al).
- Completes State loan and grant administration. Processes Minnesota SELF loans and resolves loan payment issues. Awarding and reporting payment of Minnesota State grant funds. Monitors State grant eligibility and request funds. Reconciles State loan and grant funds.
- Serves as the external program compliance resource person, researches new programs and questions. Serves as the annual audit coordinator and assists with FISAP/other compliance projects.
- Completes other miscellaneous federal, state, and external program responsibilities. Includes awarding of Federal SEOG, organizing payments to and from National Merit Scholarship Corporation, Return of Title IV funds, participation in Federal Student Aid verification process.
- Provides counseling to students and families about external programs and general financial aid issues. Includes phone, in-person, email, and other direct communication.
- 1 to 3 years of administrative responsibilities; experience with complex processes, attention to detail required.
- Prior experience in financial aid administration or other detail-oriented program desired.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and priorities at the same time in a busy, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work ethically and responsibly with sensitive and confidential information.
- Candidates will also need to demonstrate an ability and willingness to support, respect and commit to embracing diverse backgrounds, values, and points of view in order to foster an inclusive work environment
APPLY HERE: https://careers-macalester.icims.com/jobs/1363/external-program-officer%2c-office-of-financial-aid/job
Position will be open until June 6, 2021.