The Saint Paul College Financial Aid Office is hiring two new Financial Aid Officers to provide front-line customer service and manage the federal verification process.
The two staff members in this position will have two primary responsibilities. One is to provide front-line customer service for document intake and in-person questions for Financial Aid in the college One Stop. The second is to manage the federal verification process for the Financial Aid department.
Federal verification requires the college to identify and correct errors in paperwork, make corrections to student FAFSAs, and review corrections returned from Federal Student Aid. Secondary responsibilities include processing income adjustment appeals, processing dependency override appeals, and providing back-up for our electronic records system.
We are hiring one position who will staff our front counter for half of the day and spend the second half of the day processing paperwork. The other position will process paperwork early and then spend the second half of the day staffing our front counter.
These positions will also correspond with various government agencies and perform other duties as assigned. All employees of Saint Paul College are responsible for promoting a culture that supports diversity and inclusion in all forms as well as providing excellent customer service continuously to all internal and external contacts.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job)
- Associate’s degree;
- At least one year of prior experience working in a college or office setting;
- Knowledge of and/or ability to follow FERPA regulations;
- Ability to identify problems and resolve data discrepancies;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills sufficient to participate in discussions and communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Demonstrated inter-cultural competency.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Three or more years of prior work experience working in a financial aid office;
- Previous ISRS experience.
- Knowledge of the Minnesota State System and college policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Special Instructions Summary
Saint Paul College is committed to supporting diversity in all of its forms. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must apply on-line at: http://www.saintpaul.edu/AboutUs/Employment. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Salary and benefits will be based on the collective bargaining agreement between MAPE and the State of Minnesota.