Job Class: Office and Administrative Specialist, Intermediate
Working Title: Enrollment Services Center Communication Assistant
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 04/21/2022
- Closing Date: 05/05/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / Dakota County TC-AFSCME
- Division/Unit: MnSCU Dakota County TC / MnSCU Dakota Cty TC Classified
- Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
- Work Shift/Work Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm; the last Thursday of each mont entails working until approximately 7:00pm
- Days of Work: Monday-Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $18.10 - $24.00/hourly; $37,792 - $50,112/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
- Work Area: Student Services
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The purpose of this position is to provide critical administrative and communications support to the Office of Financial Aid, the Academic and Financial Aid Advisor functions, and Student Affairs generally within the Enrollment Services Center. This position is responsible for maintaining timely, effective, and efficient communication to Financial Aid and Advising constituencies via web technology, voicemail, telephone, and written mediums. This position is responsible for ensuring information is documented in various database systems that are technical in nature. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining administrative processes including, but not limited to, imaging, data entry, and report generation to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Office of Financial Aid, Advising functions, and the Enrollment Services Center. This position is responsible for timely feedback to customers and serves as triage for all student affairs functions (admissions, financial aid, advising) in the fast-paced Enrollment Services Center.
• English sufficient to (1) communicate effectively with internal and external customers; (2) answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages; (3) write, prepare and edit materials using correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structures.
• Word processing sufficient to use software to create, format, edit, print, and save a variety of documents, including spreadsheets, tables, charts, and graphs.
• Desktop publishing sufficient to recommend and produce final publication design and layouts.
• Current data entry procedures, including filing and storage.
• Type and keyboard a variety of documents accurately.
• Explain laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures to customers.
• Customer service sufficient (1) to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information to customers in person, on the phone, and through e-mail and other written correspondence; (2) effectively communicate and elicit information with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations; and (3) convey complicated information in an understandable manner as an expert resource for outside agencies and individuals.
• Data entry to maintain accurate records.
- Knowledge and understanding of data privacy laws (e.g., FERPA, Minnesota Data Privacy Act).
- Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, nonverbal, verbal, and written, with the ability to elicit information with tact and diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-directed, multi-tasker, and attentive to detail.
- Post-secondary degree.
- Experience working in a Student Affairs Division specifically with financial aid and advising processes.
- Experience providing direct service to internal and external stakeholders in higher education.
- Experience using Minnesota State databases such as the Integrated State Record System.
- Experience with Hobsons Customer Relation Management System.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/423-8411.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.