||MSUAASF Range B
||Financial Aid Coordinator
||Strategic Enrollment Management
Supervise Student Employees
- Provide training, guidance, and instruction that student employees need to be successful. Supervisors are responsible for anticipating the department’s needs related to student employment.
- Develop a strategy for finding and hiring the right student employees.
- Gathers, defines, and assigns student employees jobs that are necessary to the department’s operation.
- Proper orientation to the job is essential and should be conducted for all new student employees.
- Develop a well-planned training program to ensure that student employees have the information and skills to do their jobs.
- Establish internal policies and clearly communicate expectations to ensure that each student employee understands the rules.
- Perform annual job performance evaluations. Talk with each student in person to explain any performance issues and discuss ways the student can improve. This requires participation in the development and evaluation of office policies and procedures. It also requires continuous attention to changes in federal, state and system regulations to ensure institutional compliance.
Financial Aid Counseling
- Provide information, advice and counsel to prospective and continuing students, parents, high school counselors, and other clientele regarding financial aid programs, procedures, eligibility, costs, regulations, and debt management.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for related areas such as Admissions, Records & Registration, Student Accounts, and Academic Advising must be integrated into this work. This responsibility includes making presentations to groups both on and off campus.
Program Processing and Regulations
- Administer and oversee the Return of Title IV Funds Process.
- Determine the earned and unearned portions of Title IV aid and state aid as of the date the student ceased attendance based on the amount of time the student spent in attendance. Complete the R2T4 process on a weekly basis when a student has completely ceased attendance with the institution. Process R2T4s through the State established website and send communications to students of results of R2T4.
- Return unearned funds to the State and Department of Education.
- Process end of term R2T4s and coordinate with Records and Registration for recording of all final grades.
- Monitor policy updates from the Department of Education. Work with the Director of Financial Aid when R2T4 policy updates are required.
- Administer and oversee Consortium Agreements and Bessie Short Term Loans. Determine if the student is eligible for additional financial aid based on credits being taken at a different institution.
- Working in conjunction with Academic Advisors or the Advising Center to determine course eligibility toward a student’s program of study.
- Processing a student’s financial aid award file in a timely manner to update awards as appropriate. Ensure that students are informed of the availability of these funding sources, applications are reviewed and processed in a timely manner, and the programs operate within the appropriate rules and regulations. This requires participation in the development and evaluation of office policies and procedures. It also requires continuous attention to changes in federal, state and system regulations to ensure institutional compliance.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Lead or assist with other duties as assigned in order to ensure students receive outstanding service and financial aid programs are administered according to all federal, state, system, and institutional regulations.
- Master’s degree in any field; or Bachelor’s degree in any field plus one year of professional experience in student aid administration, admissions, counseling, advising, or relevant administrative work; or Associate’s degree plus two years of professional experience in student aid administration, admissions, counseling, advising, or relevant administrative work; or an equivalent combination of post-secondary training, education and/or professional experience.
- Experience with providing work direction.
- Computer software and web technology skills sufficient to administer financial aid programs
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service while integrating knowledge and information from multiple interrelated sources
- Ability to receive and maintain access to federal student aid databases
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Direct Financial Aid experience
- Student employment supervisory experience
- Return of Title IV Funds experience
- ISRS experience
Apply at https://stcloudstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/3751