Finance Counselor at Argosy University, Twin Cities campus
Develop, negotiate and finalize student financial plans consistent with financial planning policies and procedures and with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid. Work closely with new, continuing and re-entry students and their families to ensure the plan and re-plan continue to best meet the families' needs. Counsel students on all acceptances and other matters related directly to the student financial plan. Incumbent must assure that the Company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Work cohesively with ADA's or Admissions Coordinators in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Maintain 100% Planning Load. Create Plans and explain the Plan and the student's/parent's rights and responsibilities for each aid source.
- Negotiate Payment Plans. Able to develop Student Financial Plans in concert with Institute procedures and knowledge of Federal regulations.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA.
- Enter the FAFSA electronically and review the resulting ISIR.
- Assign the appropriate budget to a student and package the student (award their aid) as well as ensure that aid is paid to students' accounts in a timely manner.
- Responsible for complete and accurate files and paperwork, certify loan applications, and complete Basic Verification/QA and C Code Requirements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in timely collections: For summer term 80% aid paid consistently by end of 5th week of term and 90% by end of 8th week of term; For all other terms: 90% aid paid consistently by end of 5th week of term and 98% by end of 8th week of term.
- Maintain consistently clean files shown through Training Assessments for Compliance with Federal/State regulations, school policies and procedures. -Less than a 10% comment rate per term and less than a 5% potential liability rate for the year.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports To: Director, Student Services
Interacts With: Other members of the Finance team as well as students, and the Admissions and Registration departments.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Previous experience working with and technical knowledge of student financial aid programs.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, or commercial loan packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid/EDE software programs such as Banner.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and comply with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to the provision of student financial aid.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule
Please send resume and coverletter to email@example.com, attn: finance position.