Financial Aid Officer - Open Position
Financial Aid Officer
Rasmussen College is growing our Financial Aid team! We are currently seeking a candidate with a background in finance or financial aid/loan processing to support our central services function.
This position’s primary purpose is to review student financial aid eligibility documentation and prepare accurate financial aid award packages for prospective and current students. The position is responsible for tracking and processing all necessary information and paperwork, determining eligibility and preparing financial aid awards while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations, audit requirements and the College’s policies. This position works closely with the College’s Program Managers and Advisors, within our One Stop Services Model (OSSM), to advise and counsel Program Managers and Advisors who in turn counsel students on financial aid options, the application and awarding process.
Processing and Awarding: 45%
- Implement financial aid policies as directed, ensuring compliance to state and federal regulations, audit requirements and the College’s policies.
- Review financial aid applications and eligibility documentation submitted by the student to determine eligibility for financial aid awards.
- Responsible for completing verification according to established federal regulations, quality assurance and C code resolution.
- Provide information through the College’s student information system, to admissions and advising team members, in an effort to obtain missing documentation needed from the student to complete the financial aid application.
- Maintain minimum weekly award package completion rates as defined by Student Financial Aid leadership.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the College’s products and services.
- Remain current in the financial aid field through professional development, such as workshops, conferences, state and regional associations and course work.
- Ensure accurate and effective representation of the College and follow-through with prospective students, enrolled students, business community and high school officials.
Record Keeping/Documentation: 45%
- Prepare financial aid award packages based on documentation submitted.
- Follow processes and procedures that streamline the awarding and delivery of the aid programs.
- Review and certify private loan applications on a weekly basis. Ensure accurate and timely tracking and documentation of such.
- Accurately track financial awarding to ensure timely approval and payment.
- Maintain eligibility to access the National Student Loan Data System, (NSLDS), as defined by the US Department of Education. (To maintain access to NSLDS, one must not have defaulted on any student loan in the past, be in default currently or have issues with access to NSLDS in the future.)
- Attend and participate in team, student finance, department meetings for the purpose of obtaining and sharing information.
- Participate in lean processes and strategic planning activities.
- Embody the spirit of the College’s mission and vision in daily activities.
- Support and contribute to Rasmussen’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Perform other duties as directed, requested or assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related discipline; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably within a financial aid, finance counseling or loan processing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands with minimal supervision; maintain records and files with precision and accuracy.
- High level of professionalism and telephone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High aptitude for math.
- General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of financial software, CampusNexus, preferred.
- Good command of the English language, in both oral and written form
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs online and across its 23 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Associate's Degree or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)