MAFAA Spring Conference 2019
registration now closed.
Below you will find the general and breakout sessions for MAFAA Spring Training May 8 - 10, 2019 at Madden's on Gull Lake in Brainerd, MN. Please refer to the final agenda session descriptions and other conference details.
Wednesday, May 8th
- MAFAA President Welcome
- MN Goes to College introduction
- Business Partner Introductions
- MAFAA Technology Discussion Forum
- Gift Basket Raffle Charity - Believet Canine Service Partners
- "Fearless" Kat Perkins, keynote speaker
- "Fearless" (cont.) Kat Perkins
- Cracking the Citizenship Code
- Impact of Funnel Friction on Enrollment
- Loan Rehabilitation: A Second Chance for Borrowers
- Evolution of Financing Options: Working with Families to Pay Their "Out of Pocket" Expenses
Thursday, May 9th
- Keeping it Standard
- Minnesota State Grant
- Advocacy & You
- SAP & Maximum Time Frame
- Exhibitor Panel #1
- Postsecondary Child Care Grant
- Minnesota GI Bill
- MN Goes to College
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program
- One Stop in a Smaller Shop
- Don't Let SULA Fool Ya
- Dual Roles: Admissions & Financial Aid
- There is More to OHE Than You Know
- Why and How: Collegiate Financial Literacy (Two Part session)
- Cybersecurity: A Day at the Breach
- How Students Use Credit and What You Need To Know
- Build Better Award Letters
- Understanding Economic Class to Better Serve Students
- Early Financial Aid Awards
- Exhibitor Panel #2
Friday, May 10th
- Federal Summary
- State Summary
- Business Meeting
MAFAA will be hosting Zachary Goodwin from the Department of Education as our federal trainer.
The 2019 Spring Conference registration is now closed. Please make sure to select the correct registration type, as well as make your lodging reservations with Madden's on Gull Lake as soon as possible! The conference and lodging reservation deadline is Tuesday, April 9.
Conference and Thursday evening banquet attire is business casual.
Get to know your MAFAA colleagues and attend our Wednesday evening networking events: BINGO and Glow-in-the-Dark Golf!
Lodging & Meals at Madden's on Gull Lake
Important: Conference registration does NOT include lodging and the meal package at Madden's on Gull Lake. Please click here to book your lodging and meal package online or call the reservation desk at (800) 233-2934 and let them know that you are booking for the MN Assn of Financial Aid Administrators 2019.
*Please be considerate and book lodging and meal plan at Madden's on Gull Lake, unless you have registered to attend only one day.*
Please contact CONFERENCEPLANNING@MAFAA.ORG with questions.