Financial Aid Counselor
Full-time, On-Campus, Immediate Start
The Financial Aid Counselor counsels and advises students and families regarding financing a Crown education including eligibility requirements, application procedures, available programs, budgeting and student loan debt management. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Maintains strong level of customer service by counseling students and parents, in person, by telephone and email;
- Process and electronically link communications and documents to student records
- Assist, review and complete verification for applicants selected according to the federal verification rules;
- Process, review, and assist with the administration of the federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs;
- Manage, review and process Minnesota Office Of Higher Education reports and programs;
- Assist in the management of “missing information and tracking” communications;
- Manage, review and assist with Federal and State Work Study program, eligibility and Community Service partners
- Assist in the preparation of financial aid records for the annual or semi-annual audit of the office accounts; and
- Attend training and conferences as necessary to gain knowledge required to perform assigned duties;
- Assist in the development and presentation of Financial Aid events for Crown College students.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer, analytical, speaking and writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, strategic planning, organizational, managerial and communication skills;
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Minimum of 1 year increased responsibility and success in a Financial Aid Office
- Higher Education experience
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com