Financial Aid Coordinator Summit Academy OIC Minneapolis, Minnesota
Department: Financial Aid
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Summit Academy OIC in Minneapolis has an exciting career opportunity for someone with the proper qualifications to join our team as a Financial Aid Coordinator. Our Financial Aid Coordinator supports the mission and programs of Summit Academy OIC by coordinating the activities of the Financial Aid office and complying with Federal and State aid guidelines in order to support the mission and students of Summit Academy OIC.
Essential Functions for this job include the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Educating adult learners with limited knowledge of college enrollment on Financial Aid processes and expectations. This includes ensuring accurate and timely information is disseminated to students and prospective students about financial aid, tuition arrangements, and enrollment procedures
2. Responsible for presenting Financial Aid information and process to prospective students in large group and personal settings. This includes individual financial aid appointments with each prospective student prior to enrollment.
3. Establish and enforce student guidelines and expectations in regards to student financial aid processes, documents and requirements.
4. Assists the Financial Aid Manager in the financial aid portion of any federal, state or other audit to include preparation, communication and formal responses required in that process.
5. Assists the Financial Aid Manager on the completion of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual State and Federal reports and any internal or external financial aid requests for information.
6. Processing all student financial aid in a timely manner to ensure that all eligible student’s aid is processed. This includes determining eligibility and completing any additional or outside forms that students may require during the financial aid process.
7. Maintaining accurate and thorough documentation of all student financial aid files. Including the completion and retention of any forms that are required.
8. Monitoring and staying informed and compliant with any changes in federal, state or accrediting body requirements that affect financial aid requirements. This includes participating in federal and state professional networks and trainings.
9. Responsible for the federal and state work study programs. This includes ensuring that all components of the process remain compliant.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this job include the following:
1. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
2. Detail oriented
3. Ability to create and maintain organizational practices
4. Positive and motivational attitude
5. Ability to work in team
6. Strong multitasker
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. High level of Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Ability to type 40 wpm
9. Strong documentation, records retention and workplace organizational skills
10. Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate to diverse adult students in non-traditional learning environment, highly desirable.
11. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and be proactive in addressing areas of concern.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position - not eligible for overtime - under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and occasional evening or weekend work.
This position requires limited travel. Less than 10% each year.
Required Education & Experience
1. Three years demonstrated financial aid process management and reporting experience, a must.
2. Experience with Excel spreadsheets and generally accepted accounting principles.
3. Must not have defaulted on any federal student loan debt.
Preferred Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
It is the policy of Summit Academy OIC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Summit Academy OIC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This position offers a competitive benefits program and salary.
It is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great organization that is making a huge difference in the lives of many people in the Twin Cities. If you want to be a difference maker, you should consider this position if you meet the qualifications.
To apply, visit us at: https://www.saoic.org/the-summit-difference/employment/
This is an immediate opening and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information or questions:
Vaughn Lenhart, Director of Human Resources email@example.com or
Jennifer Haavisto, Financial Aid Manager firstname.lastname@example.org