Metropolitan State University, Minnesota’s public, urban university, and recipient of the 2017 Insight Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award is seeking to hire a Financial Aid Officer. This is a full-time position within the Financial Aid Office. This position is responsible the development and oversight of a comprehensive student financial assistance program with emphasis on Minnesota state aid programs and dual admission/enrollment financial aid advising.
Posting Date: 7/17/2019
Closing Date: 7/30/2019
Position Classification: Financial Aid Officer
Work Title: Financial Aid Officer
Bargaining Unit: MAPE
Employment Condition: Full-time, unlimited, non-exempt
Office: Energy Park Place, (travel to other campuses required based upon need)
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- · Reporting and reconciliation of Minnesota State aid program eligibility requirements
- · Dual Admission/Enrollment financial aid advising
- · Return to Title IV Refunds
- · Application processing and verification
Minimum Position Qualifications:
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for the position:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understand and adhere to strict confidentiality requirements for handling personal private information.
- Customer service needed for this position to work with students/staff/faculty and diverse populations.
- · Some financial aid office (or related higher education) experience.
- · Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent aid experience)
- · Two years of experience in Financial Aid.
- · Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse environment.
- · Experience with Minnesota State financial aid program eligibility and Return to Title IV Refunds
- · Must be able receive and maintain access to federal student databases (able to submit name, address, SSN, date of birth, and mother’s maiden name and agree to and follow all data security procedures.)
Physical Requirements of the Job: This position requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State, is a public, urban university located in Twin Cities Metropolitan area. The University provides an excellent, inclusive and engaging education to eliminate opportunity gaps and lead the Twin Cities community to a prosperous and equitable future. Recognized as a Minority Serving Institution, its employees serve approximately 11,000 students, two-thirds of whom are from communities of color or American Indian nations, are first in their family to attend college or are eligible for Pell grants. Metropolitan State is recognized by CollegeNet as a leading higher education promoter of social mobility for students (Ranked #21 out of 1380). The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. We provide accessible, high quality liberal arts, professional and graduate education with continued emphasis on marginalized groups, including adult learners. Recognized in 2008 and 2014 by the Carnegie Foundation for Community Engagement and named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the university is committed to academic excellence and community engagement through curriculum, teaching scholarship and services designed to support an urban mission.
Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit:www.metrostate.edu/security
The School/Academic Department: The Financial Aid Office at Metropolitan State University provides services to help students apply for and receive funding to enroll in and attend classes leading to their chosen academic degree or certificate. The Office processes over $60 million dollars in aid to approximately 11,000 undergraduate and graduate applicants.
Salary Range: $19.46 - $28.15 per hour depending upon qualifications
Applications will only be accepted through the State of Minnesota Employment site at http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ . Applicants may upload a unique and tailored resume and have the system automatically fill in portions of their application. This system also allows you to apply without a resume and complete an application by filling in each section. A progress bar will show what steps remain in the application process. You may also need to respond to screening questions about your qualifications. Applicants may save at any time and return later to complete their application.
*To comply with privacy and data practices requirements, please refrain from including personal information or photographs in your application materials.
* Employment for this position is covered by the MAPE collective bargaining agreement which can be found at: https://mn.gov/mmb-stat/000/az/labor-relations/mape/2017-2019/mape-contract-accessible.pdf
Notice: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
Metropolitan State University is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.