MAFAA Spring Conference 2020
registration is open!
Below you will find the general and breakout sessions for MAFAA Spring Training May 6 - 8, 2020 at Madden's on Gull Lake in Brainerd, MN. The final agenda will be posted soon!
Wednesday, May 6th
- MAFAA President Welcome
- Business Partner Introductions
- Gift Basket Raffle Charity - MN FoodShare
- Keynote speaker - Tim Eggebraaten
Thursday, May 7th
- Professional Judgement Panel
- OHE Research Initiatives / SLEDS / ED Attainment Goal
- Audit Findings - Biggest things to learn
- R2T4 Panel
- Postsecondary Child Care Grant
- Minnesota GI Bill
- Dream Act
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program
- Business Etiquette and Manners
- Financial Management Strategies
- Private Student Loans Comparison Made Simple
- Funding GenZ and Millennials
- And More...
Friday, May 8th
- Federal Summary
- State Summary
- Business Meeting
Virginia Hagins, trainer from the Department of Education, will be offering virtual training for our conference.
The 2020 Spring Conference registration is now open. Please make sure to select the correct registration type, as well as make your lodging reservations with Madden's on Gull Lake as soon as possible! The conference and lodging reservation deadline is Tuesday, April 7.
Conference and Thursday evening banquet attire is business casual.
Get to know your MAFAA colleagues and attend our Wednesday evening networking events: BINGO and Glow-in-the-Dark Golf!
Lodging & Meals at Madden's on Gull Lake
Important: Conference registration does NOT include lodging and the meal package at Madden's on Gull Lake. Please click here to book your lodging and meal package online or call the reservation desk at (800) 233-2934 and let them know that you are booking for the MN Assn of Financial Aid Administrators 2020.
*Please be considerate and book lodging and meal plan at Madden's on Gull Lake, unless you have registered to attend only one day.*
Please contact CONFERENCEPLANNING@MAFAA.ORG with questions.