MAFAA Spring Conference 2019
registration is open!
Below you will find the tentative general and breakout sessions for MAFAA Spring Training May 8 - 10, 2019 at Madden's on Gull Lake in Brainerd, MN. The final agenda with session details will be posted soon!
- MAFAA President Welcome
- Business Partner Introductions
- MAFAA Technology Discussion Forum
- Charity Introductions
- Keynote Speaker
- NASFAA Speaker
- Federal Update
- Federal Summary
- State Summary
- Business Meeting
- Federal Trainer Session (3)
- Keynote Speaker session
- MASFAA session
- Satisfactory Academic Progress SAP Panel
- State Grant
- NASFAA Speaker
- Private Lender Panel
- GI Bill
- Child Care Grant
- MN Goes to College
- One Stop in a Smaller Shop
- Dual Roles: Admissions & Financial Aid
- Professional Judgement Panel
- Early Financial Aid Awards
- Adult Literacy & Financial Planning
- MN Indian Scholarship Program
- Evolution of Financing Options: Working with Families to Pay their "Out of Pocket" Expenses
- The Impact of Funnel Friction on Enrollment
- Building a Better Award Letter
- How Students Use Credit and What You Need To Know
- OHE programs
- Loan Rehabilitation: A Second Chance for Borrowers
MAFAA will be hosting Zachary Goodwin from the Department of Education as our federal trainer. Please check the agenda for more information in regards to the session topics that he will be covering during the conference.
The 2019 Spring Conference registration is now open. Please make sure to select the correct registration type, as well as make your lodging reservations with Madden's on Gull Lake as soon as possible! The conference and lodging reservation deadline is Tuesday, April 9.
Conference and banquet attire is business casual.
Lodging & Meals at Madden's on Gull Lake
Important: Conference registration does NOT include lodging and the meal package at Madden's on Gull Lake. Please click here to book your lodging and meal package online or call the reservation desk at (800) 233-2934 and let them know that you are booking for the MN Assn of Financial Aid Administrators 2019.
*Please be considerate and book lodging and meal plan at Madden's on Gull Lake, unless you have registered to attend only one day.*
Please contact CONFERENCEPLANNING@MAFAA.ORG with questions.