REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
PLEASE CONTACT CONFERENCEPLANNING@MAFAA.ORG.
This year's Spring Conference will be a special celebration of MAFAA's 50th years of service to the state of Minnesota.
Below you will find the summary for each day of the conference with the general and breakout sessions scheduled.
To view the detailed conference agenda, including session descriptions, please click here.
- MAFAA President Welcome
- 50th Anniversary Kick Off
- Leadership & Masters Graduation
- Business Partner Introductions
- Charity Introductions
- Keynote Speaker: Wealth vs Poverty: Why are People Poor?
- Federal Update
- Federal Summary
- State Summary
- Business Meeting
- Federal Trainer Session (3)
- Keynote Speaker: Wealth vs Poverty: Why are People Poor? (continued)
- Minnesota Dream Act
- *New* MAFAA Website: Tips and Tools
- Borrowing History: Effort to Reduce Borrowing While Improving Retention and Time to Graduation
- How to Make Student Communications Stick
- Postsecondary Child Care Grant
- Sector Meetings
- Insights and Recommendations Regarding Student Feelings About Student Debt
- Minnesota State Grant & Difficult Transcript Review
- Financial Aid Outreach Using Student Success Software
- State Program Review
- Generation Z Yikes that is not me! Let's be in Cahoots!
- Minnesota GI Bill
- Past- President Roundtable
- Back a Boiler - Income Share Agreements from a School Perspective
- State Work Study
- Promoting Student Completion by Building a Comprehensive Student Aid System
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship
- How to Facilitate a FAFSA Night
- Restorative Yoga
MAFAA will be hosting Zachary Goodwin from the Department of Education as our federal trainer. Please check the agenda for more information in regards to the session topics that he will be covering during the conference.
The 2018 Spring Conference registration is scheduled to open on Monday, March 5. Please make sure to select the correct registration type, as well as make your lodging reservations with Madden's on Gull Lake as soon as possible! The conference and lodging reservation deadline is Tuesday, April 3.
Lodging & Meals at Madden's on Gull Lake
Do NOT forget that conference registration does NOT include lodging and the meal package at Madden's on Gull Lake. Please click here to book your lodging and meal package online, fill out the reservation form, or call the reservation desk at (800) 233-2934 and let them know that you are booking for the MN Assn of Financial Aid Administrators 2018.
Retirees MUST contact Madden's on Gull Lake directly at (800) 642-5363 to book the *MAFAA Retirees* package.
*Please be considerate and book lodging and meal plan at Madden's on Gull Lake, unless you have registered to attend only one day.*